On February 17th 2017, organizers and leaders from across the United States are calling for our first ever National American General Strike. We are not professional paid protesters, but a wide array of concerned citizens who are deeply and gravely concerned about the direction of our country. We reject violence and are calling for a day of demonstration and civil disobedience.
A GENERAL STRIKE is an action where most or all workers in a society skip work to apply pressure to the ultimate “boss man,” in our case, Donald J Trump, advocating for specific demands.
This event is a LOS ANGELES edition in solidarity with events across the United States. Please also click attending to the national parent event, so that we have a rough total count: https://www.facebook.com/
1. No Ban, No Wall. The Muslim ban is immoral, the wall is expensive and ineffectual. We will build bridges, not walls.
2. Healthcare For All. Healthcare is a human right. Do not repeal the ACA. Improve it or enact Medicare for All.
3. No Pipelines. Rescind approval for DAPL and Keystone XL and adopt meaningful policies to protect our environment. It’s the only one we’ve got.
4. End the Global Gag Rule. We cannot put the medical care of millions of women around the globe at risk.
5. Disclose and Divest. Show us your taxes. Sell your company. Ethics rules exist for a reason and presidents should focus on the country, not their company.
JOIN US, SPREAD THE WORD, and CREATE EVENTS AROUND THE COUNTRY!